Concussion is one of the most common war injuries. Being near the epicenter of the explosion, every person risks getting a concussion. That is, not only military personnel are at risk, but also civilians — adults and children. A person can feel the consequences of a concussion throughout his life: hearing, brain function deteriorate, memory and attention deteriorate, sleep problems arise. If a person is provided with comprehensive and professional medical care in a timely manner, these consequences can really be minimized.
40% is the number of contusions from the total number of combat injuries
35% is the number of patients whose concussion symptoms become chronic due to untimely care.
The purpose of the program:
- Minimizing the consequences of concussion in civilians and military;
- Improving the quality of life of concussion patients;
- Bringing public attention to the problem and reducing stereotyping and stigmatization of people who have suffered a concussion.
Components of the program:
- Audiometry (determination of the level of hearing acuity and sensitivity)
- MRI of the brain
- If necessary (in the presence of metal fragments in the skull), CT scan of the brain
- Consultation of an otolaryngologist
- Consultation of a neurologist
- Appointment of treatment and support of the patient during treatment
- Civilians affected by hostilities.
The list of documents required for participation in the consideration of the status of beneficiaries of the program:
- documents on military service;
- medical reports confirming receiving a mine-explosive injury.
Beneficiary selection algorithm and program implementation stages:
- Employees of the Foundation review the application for participation in the program and confirm compliance with the requirements for the beneficiary.
- The Foundation manager informs the members of the special commission about the beneficiary’s candidacy, the commission considers the candidacy, studies the documents, medical and social factors and makes a decision.
- The beneficiary receives written confirmation of participation in the program.
- The beneficiary is scheduled for a convenient time to receive medical services.
- After providing the beneficiary with all medical services, an account is created for the Foundation from the “Dobrobut” medical network.
Make a charitable contribution
Your contributions help Ukrainians affected by the war to meet the victory of Ukraine healthy!
or scan the QR code
USDT (Tether TRC 20)
BNB Smart Chain
- Reducing the long-term health consequences of a concussion;
- Prevention of hearing loss in people who have received a concussion;
- Improving the quality of life of military personnel and civilians who suffered from mine and explosive injuries;
- Increasing the level of public awareness about the peculiarities of life with a concussion and the importance of medical help for people who have received a concussion.